Greater Portland Best Practices Tour
February 15 - February 17
As the regional convening organization and primary organization responsible for the region's economic development strategy, Greater Portland Inc offers best practices trips each year. Our hands-on approach includes learning best practices of cities across the U.S. and the world and then presenting lessons learned for application to the local economy.
This February, over the course of three days, we'll explore the best practices of cities right here at home. Join us to learn from regional community leaders and city officials from Vancouver, Wilsonville, Hillsboro, Gresham and Portland.
Wednesday, Feb. 15: Hillsboro and Wilsonville
- 8 a.m.: Meet at The Oregon Zoo (free parking available)
- Free parking provided by ParkingKitty. Please download the app ahead of time. ParkingKitty instructions included in email.
- 8:30 a.m.: Take MAX to Hillsboro, get off at Hatfield Station
- 8:30 a.m.: – 12 p.m.: City of Hillsboro: Hillsboro City Hall (150 E Main, Hillsboro, OR)
- 12 p.m.: Private TriMet bus to Wilsonville
- 12:45 p.m.– 4 p.m.: City of Wilsonville: Holiday Inn (25425 95th Avenue, Wilsonville, OR)
- 5 p.m.: Take Westside commuter train and MAX back to the zoo.
Thursday, Feb. 16: Vancouver and Gresham
- 8 a.m.: Pick-up at The Oregon Convention Center (free parking available)
- 8:30 a.m.: Private TriMet bus to Vancouver
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: City of Vancouver: Marriott AC (333 W Columbia Wy, Vancouver, WA)
- 1:05 p.m.: Private TriMet bus to Gresham
- 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: City of Gresham: Gresham City Hall (1333 Eastman Pkwy, Gresham, OR)
- 4:45 p.m.: MAX back to Metro and the Oregon Convention Center
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Dinner and drinks sponsored by Metro at The Oregon Convention Center
Friday, February 17th: Portland metro
- 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Meet at NW Natural (250 SW Taylor St, Portland, OR (street parking available))
- 1 p.m.: Drive yourself to Metro HQ (600 NE Grand (free parking available))
- 4:30 p.m.: Conclude at Metro
Please reach out to Randy Miller if you need assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-757-7755
Learn more about our best practices trips here.