Choice LocationGreater Portland consistently ranks near the top of "Best Cities" across categories. It's innovative and cost-effective business practices, opportunities for job growth, and an affordable cost of living have all been cited as the region's top draws.
The region's characteristic openness and quality of life have made Greater Portland a hub for innovative and talented 20-somethings with bachelor’s degrees or higher, boasting one of the highest rates in the nation. In 2017 ZipRecruiter.com named it the "No. 1 West Cost Job Market for College Grads."
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 80 people move to the Greater Portland region every day. That's no surprise, since the Portland metro area is consistently ranked as a top moving destination, and in 2014 Oregon was ranked the #1 moving destination in the US by United Vanlines National Movers Study.Recognized globally as a leader in software, clean technology and athletic/outdoor industries, Greater Portland develops products, applications and methods that improve our lives. A history of innovation and collaboration helped establish Greater Portland's strong startup culture and make the region a magnet for creative, innovative talent in high-tech.
Portland Relocation Guide
Recently published and available for download, this resource is for regional employers to provide it to their Portland-bound new hires and transferees. Relocation involves many complex decisions like neighborhoods, housing, schools and transportation.
- Portland International Airport rated Highest in Airport Satisfaction – J.D. Power (Dec 2016)
- PDX named America’s Favorite Airport – Travel + Leisure (2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
- No. 8 “World’s best cities for Millennials” – Matador Network (May 2016)
- No. 5 “Best Place for Business and Careers” – Forbes (Oct 2016)
- No. 3 “Most Bike Friendly City” – Walk Score (2016)
- No. 1 “Best Food City in America” – Washington Post (2016)
- No. 8 “ 2016’s Greenest Cities in America” – Wallet Hub (2016)
- FourFourTwo’s Best Stadium for Soccer in the United States as well as one of the top stadium experience across all sports by StadiumJourney.com.
- OSU’s Robotics Program is No. 1 on West Coast and No. 4 Nationwide – Grad School Hub (2016)