Higher Education CommitteeThe Higher Education Committee is a working group of Greater Portland Inc. It is comprised of representatives from regional public and private colleges and universities with the purpose of leveraging collective expertise and assets to advance regional economic development efforts and the competiveness of the Greater Portland region.
The committee identifies unique and universal features among the participating higher education institutions in the areas of research capabilities, workforce development and training for industry, and technical expertise for marketing specific competencies from each institution to best position the network of assets as a distinct market strength.
Members of Greater Portland Inc’s Higher Education Committee include:
- Tim Cook, President, Clackamas Community College
- Daniel Dorsa, Associate Vice President for Research Partnerships, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jane Gordon, Vice Provost for Portland, University of Oregon
- François Wevers, Director of Customized & Contract Training, Clark College
- Mark McLellan, Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies, Portland State University
- Mark Mitsui, President, Portland Community College
- Max Ault, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategic Partnerships, Washington State University
- Lisa Skari, President, Mount Hood Community College
- Brian Wall, Assistant Vice President for Research, Commercialization and Industry Partnerships, Oregon State University
If your institution is interested in joining Greater Portland Inc’s higher education committee, please contact Cara Rene, Vice President of Stakeholder Relations for more information.