Investor Roles & Benefits
GPI investors support GPI’s staff and other regional partners in GPI’s business recruitment, retention, expansion, and regional business marketing efforts. All investors, regardless of investment level:
- Serve as advisors to the GPI staff and board, providing timely information and insight into business and industry trends that can be leveraged to grow our region’s economic prosperity
- Promote the Greater Portland region as a quality place to do business when talking with peers, clients and other businesses
- Build relationships with fellow investors that lead to new business opportunities and growth
- Equip GPI staff and partners with important insights about their own industry
- Supplement GPI’s database of regional business leaders
- Provide examples of regional business innovation and success
- Engage with GPI and fellow investors via business recruitment/retention projects, events and committees
Benefits by Investment Level
|Board Seat||1 seat||1 seat||1 Board seat for every 3 Gold level investors||1 Board seat for every 5 Silver level investors||1 Board seat for entire consortium|
|Featured on GPI marketing collateral|
|Featured on GPI website homepage|
Determine strategic direction
|Hosting opportunities for new corporations|
|Attend GPI outbound business recruitment trips|
|Assist GPI with business development opportunities, upon invitation||2 annually||2 annually||1 annually|
|Host GPI meetings and events|
|Access GPI research and market data||Eligible|
|Investor recognition on GPI website, social media, and newsletter||Eligible||Eligible|
|Receive invitations for exclusive GPI events|
|Attend GPI Best Practice Trips|
|Serve on GPI committees|
|Receive monthly newsletters|
|Listed in GPI's online investor directory|
|Receive GPI annual report|
|Attend Greater Portland Economic Summit||Discounted Tickets||Discounted Tickets||Priority Seating||Priority Seating||Priority Seating|
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Don’t see an investment level you like? Consider sponsoring a GPI event or program. Such events support GPI’s work to improve our economy and further our mission of marketing the region as a vibrant and viable location for investment, job growth and cultivating prosperity for all. To learn more about our event calendar and sponsorship opportunities, contact Katie Stone at email@example.com.
Additional Public-Sector Benefits
- Receive project leads from companies considering the region for location or expansion – and receive GPI staff assistance when submitting proposals.
- Your staff working in economic development are eligible to attend GPI’s monthly Economic Development Practitioner meetings that provide a featured speaker, shared learnings, and networking opportunities with up to 100 professionals from across the region.
- GPI will promote related community news through our site selection newsletter, sent to thousands of site selection contacts across the world.
Small City Consortium
The Small City Consortium (SCC) is comprised of the cities and counties—with populations under 50,000. Investment amount is based on City population. The purpose of SCC is to provide a network of similarly sized jurisdictions that can discuss and provide input to GPI on economic development issues.
The SCC is represented on the board of directors by a mayor or executive director from the SCC. The board representative serves on an annual basis from January through December and is selected by a majority vote amongst the mayors and executive directors from the agencies in the SCC.
Higher Education Consortium
GPI's Higher Education Consortium works to leverage collective expertise and assets to advance regional economic development efforts and regional competitiveness. Consortium member organizations:
- Washington State University Vancouver
- Clackamas Community College
- Mt. Hood Community College
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Oregon State University
- Portland Community College
- Portland State University
- University of Oregon